Contact lenses are devices made of medical grade pliable, hydrophilic plastic materials called Hydrogel used mainly for correction of refractive errors of the eyes. They offer a more active spectacles free life, greater cosmetic acceptability, better & clearer images, lack of misting and a wider field of view than spectacles.
The contact lens clinic at Centre for Sight provides a comprehensive range of the latest contact lenses, contact lens trial, fitting and dispensing for cases ranging from simple refractive errors to complex corneal surfaces such as post-transplant eyes and patients with Keratoconus.
Low vision is diminished sight with minimal ability to see (particularly central vision) that is unresolved or uncorrected with traditional eyeglasses, contact lenses, intraocular lens implants or corrective surgery. However, in some cases, persons with low vision may be aided with special visual devices.
There are many causes of low vision, including, but not limited to, Macular degeneration, congenital defects present at birth, injury to the eye or brain, diseases like diabetes, glaucoma etc.
The Low Vision Clinic at our hospital provides the following services for evaluation and visual rehabilitation of people with low vision:
- Clinical & Functional low vision examination.
- Visual function evaluation of children with special needs.
- Prescription and training in use of low vision devices.
- Counseling for visual rehabilitation; Individual vision training programme
- Referrals for orientation and mobility assessment.
- Counseling & follow-up at home and in school